In this post, I will discuss the schedule and overhaul maintenance for a power transformer. So you just need to follow this procedure for a power transformer. For batter and smooth operation, these two types of transformer maintenance should perform.
Schedule Preventive Maintenance For Power Transformer:
- First of all visual inspection. Inspect the transformer very carefully. You may detect some fittings problem on transformer body and eliminate the problem.
- Drainage of transformer sludge, etc, Form the conservator.
- Adding the transformer oil (If necessary)
- Always check the oil gauges.
- Check the all drain lock and its gasket, tightening of bolts or nuts.
- Test the gap fuse on the transformer operated with its neutral insulated on the low voltage side.
- Test the operating and all protective earthing system.
- Inspection and cleaning of the transformer cooling facilities like the radiator.
- Check all insulation resistance.
- If possible run a transformer oil testing.
- Check all gas protective devices and relay.
Overhaul Maintenance for Transformer:
- Open the entire transformer, lifting out of core assembly and inspect all of the parts very carefully.
- You need to repair the core assembly (The man core, the tape changer switch and the winding).
- Repair conservator, main cover, all vents pipes, all side radiators, temperature meter, cocks an insulator.
- Cooling and the oil purifying device should be repaired.
- Clean all transformers inside and outside. If possible paint the main body tank.
- Test all protective devise, signal and indicating instruments.
- Purification and renewal of the transformer oil.
- Now assemble the transformer and if necessary, drying out the insulation.
- Repair the transformer and then test the primary power equipment like cables, switch, insulator and others with a step-up voltage.
- Adjust the tap changing system.
- Carry out of the measurement and tests of the power transformer required by acting local insulation and regulation.
Related: Protection for a Power Transformer
This is all about transformer maintenance. Now, if you find this post useful then please share with your friends. Thank You!