In my last post I talked about Current and Voltage effects on human body and now I am going to tell you what Electrical Safety Procedure and Precaution you should maintain when you are at electrical work?
15 Electrical Safety Procedure and Precaution:
- Don’t depend only on switches; pull the plug from the socket. As an additional precaution, fuse must also be pulled where provided.
- Use a maintenance friendly safety panel board. Use cartridge fuse in panels. Never use re-writable fuse which may cause explosion by igniting flammable mixture of gases.
- If you are working on electrical circuit, don’t work alone and have a work- mate standing by t help you in case of shock. This work-mate should be trained in first aid situation.
- Don’t wear loose clothing, metallic frame eyeglasses, rings and watches if you are near to energized circuit.
- Never use an ordinary lamp as a trouble inspection light. Use wire protected low voltage lamp.
- Do not work on energized circuit if you are physically tired or suffering from mental weakness or stress.
- Never ever assume that a circuit is dead. Check existence of voltage in the circuit by test the equipment.
- Always gave a sufficient lighting to see the smallest parts of the equipment you are working.
- Always study circuit diagram and instruction manual of the equipment before starting the work.
- Do not draw arcs or spark either intentionally or accidentally. Low-voltage high-current arcs caused by accidental shorts can severely damage your eyesight. Such arcs can also be hazardous in flammable atmospheres.
- Never work on wet floors. Wet floor reduces your contact resistance to ground. Always try to work on insulated floor.
- Do not talk to anyone if he is working on dangerous equipment. Never let other disturb you while you are at work on electrical equipment. Mobile phone should be switched off during any type of electrical maintenance work.
- Always use Safety Tags and locks for tagging or lock-out of machine or equipment that is taken out service.
- Suitable barricades always must be installed around exposed electrical equipment where temporary work is going on.
- Always examine electrical extension light or portable tool cable for defects before using.
If you find this post useful then please share with your friends and in my next post you will find all about electrical safety equipment and if there is any electrical shock then what will you do with affected person.